Sword and Phusion work in partnership with organisations that want to drive value from their engineering information. The market-leading Phusion SaaS platform empowers engineers to model, capture and manage information in a single accessible form, so they can use it to deliver projects, operations and industrial transformation.
Together, Sword and Phusion deliver world-leading Information Management projects. Our combined skills and experience make us the go-to-provider for innovative enterprise-level solutions that help solve data challenges in asset intensive and highly regulated environments.
The Software Developer role requires a committed and reliable person who takes pride in their work and the accuracy of the outcome. You will be a confident, capable and personable individual, willingly contributing to a team objective, whilst being equally comfortable working independently. You will be a good problem solver with a forward-thinking approach and actively engaged with new technologies.
A personal development plan will be developed to build knowledge of Phusion’s current software solutions and the development roadmap. Phusion Software Developers have a range of career development opportunities within the business including progressing to a Senior Software Developer, Technical Specialist or Consultant role.
Role Outline & Key Responsibilities
- Strong understanding of SQL Server to produce data-driven applications and experience in relational databases, SQL Server performance monitoring, query tuning, SQL Server Internals.
- Responsibility for managing software projects within Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) including source control, work item tracking and test case administration.
- Investigate and resolve software related support requests from both internal and external clients – carrying out detailed analysis and communicating clearly and accurately.
- Develop and deploy applications for SharePoint 2010/2016 and assist with administration of both production and test SharePoint environments.
- Involvement in the full development life cycle from requirements gathering and the production of design specifications to planning test runs and performing software releases.
- Preparation of and assistance with the production of software documentation including, but not limited to, user guides, release notes and specifications.
- Provide support for other departments within Phusion in relation to the use of applications and the development of new software tools.
Career Development, Reward & Benefits
Developers have a range of career development opportunities within the business including progressing to a Senior Software Developer, Technical Specialist or Consultant role.
Our colleagues are supported and encouraged to develop their career through a personal training and development plan alongside a competitive salary and benefits package.
For more details on this opportunity, please apply on Sword’s LinkedIn job portal here.
If selected, you will be working from Phusion HQ in Billingham, Stockton-on-Tees UK.
This is a fulltime position. You’re required to work 37.5 hours, spread over 5 days.